January 24, 2009

Really, In Both Ears?

We've taken some little videos of McKinley lately, because we think she's so stinkin' cute, so we put a couple funny moments together in this little video. I think when she's talking it sounds sort of like "Hi Dad", but Robbie doesn't necessarily agree.

McKinley hasn't been herself the last week and half or so. It started off with a crazy fever for several days, followed by a cold that has never gone away. I noticed a second tooth coming in, so I figured that must be it. She's been waking up several times a night and been a little needy too. By last weekend though, the tooth was through, so I thought she'd be back to normal soon. Then on Thursday she suddenly got a rash on her belly and her back and I decided if it wasn't gone by Saturday we should probably take her in to the doctor. Well, Friday rolled around and she was crying every time she tried to sleep, so enough was enough we took her to the doctor. Of course when we got to the doctor she started talking to him and playing with him and smiling everywhere. I'm sure the doctor thought we were crazy...but checked her out anyway. Turns out the poor kiddo has a double ear infection. I felt terrible, she's been trying to tell me for a week and a half. So you don't all think I'm a terrible parent after reading all of this, here is a video of how she was acting 90% of the time, who would guess this kid needed to go to doctor because she had a double ear infection?

7 comments:

Kara said...

She is so adorable! I love it when they start to jabber its too cute! Bennett had a double ear infection two weeks ago, no fun!!!

Melissa + Brett said...

Definitely "Hi Dad." Your daughter is a cutie, it's crazy that she's close to crawling. We miss you guys.

Luke and Kellie said...

I love her crawling, she is so cute. So sad about the ear infections though ):

Anna said...

what a cutie! (i finally got around to reading this post and watching the videos.) i love her "crawl" - it looks like she is swimming! i'm so glad that McKinley is feeling better this week!

Kelly said...

Kin is my favorite kid right now (yes even more fav than the grandkid). I love her, she needs to join the quilt club. She is totally saying, "Hi Dad."

The Stanley's said...

Yep, I heard it- she said "Hi Dad!" It was really great seeing you at Jessica's baby shower. I always love talking to you. You're always so real and so fun! I'm glad to know that my kids aren't the only ones to get double ear infections... Kaydee's were perforated before I took her in. I had no idea!

Unknown said...

So sad, ear infections are one of the worst! :( and to make it a double, she probably was not a happy girl.